Sunday, August 11, 2013

No-Load Fund of the Day: OSFDX


Oceanstone Fund (OSFDX) has been offered since 2006 and is thus a relative newcomer. To me, that’s a negtive. I like to see a performance record spanning 10 or more years.
On the plus side, OSFDX is a mid-cap value fund with a five-star Morningstar rating and a 5-year average annual total return of 41.65%. In market-crash 2008, it was down only 9.96%. Its best year of total return was 2009 (+264.38%). Its minimum initial investment is $2,000. See:

My 5-year Yahoo chart for OSFDX shows at least six pullback opportunities for acquisition, so it is not a fund for the risk-averse. See:

My 3-month chart suggests OSFDX is in an up trend despite a tough market for stocks and funds in May and June 2013. Its largest holdings now: XIN, DELL, OMX. 

In my opinion, OSFDX is a worthy fund with neither a sales commission nor a 12b-1 charge. I anticipate buying it in the week ahead.
.
Never forget: All investments and savings are gambles on the unknowable future and thus subject to loss as well as gain.

Do visit my website for lots more research I share with do-it-yourself portfolio managers:

No comments:

Post a Comment