Saturday, August 24, 2013

Hottest ETFs for 2013 to Aug. 23


I was a Morningstar subscriber for about 20 years, and Value Line Investment Survey, too.  I used the first for funds and the second for stocks. Those two were by far my best resources until VectorVest came along.

I foolishly dropped all three when I retired at the end of 2012. I figured I didn’t need them because I no longer managed client money. Somehow I didn’t even think about research resources I’d need for continuing to run my own portfolios and Dee’s.

So far, I’ve devoted 2013 to many other resources, and so I’ve discovered excellence. Lots of it. Even so, I’ll soon wind up certain projects involving only them and then renew my premium subscriptions to Morningstar, Value Line, and VectorVest.

A few minutes ago I was revisiting Morningstar’s list of 20 performance leaders among exchange-traded funds (ETFs). All are up year to date through Aug. 23 by more than 50%. One (DSXJ) is an exchange-traded note (ETN) showing triple digits: up 102.71% YTD. See:




No comments:

Post a Comment