Monday, August 19, 2013

My Stocks of the Day: ACY, CXDC


Those two are at the top of AAII’s latest Passing Companies List for its Shadow Stock model portfolio. Its 5-year, 1 year, and YTD returns are 24.2%, 76.5%, and 44.4%.

AAII offers a ton of useful information on its website’s opening page, including identification of the 4 leading stock-selection strategies of the 77 AAII follows. See:

My 5-year Yahoo chart for ACY shows a sharp bounce off the market bottom of 2009 and a strong recovery from the down trend of 2011-2012, with very little weakness in the 2013 spring pullback. See:

My 3-month chart for ACY suggests now or soon may be a good time to buy shares. Pay attention to the chart’s MACD and RSI sections. See:

My 5-year chart for CXDC shows shows a long down trend was in place from the stock’s record high late in 2009 to late 2012, when a sideways holding pattern took control and smoothed the stock’s performance thus far into 2013. See:
 
My 3-month CXDC chart shows more drama than a risk-averse DIY portfolio manager may be able to tolerate. But the MACD and RSI readings suggest now may be a good entry point for risk-takers. See:

Never forget: All investments and savings are gambles on the unknowable future and thus subject to loss as well as gain.

My free website presents lots more research that I share with friends, family, and all other visitors. You can do a favor for the DIY portfolio managers among your friends and family by passing along my blog’s online address to them:


No comments:

Post a Comment