Saturday, August 24, 2013

My Stock of the Day: DSXJ


JPMorgan 2X Short US 10 Year Treasury Futures ETN (DSXJ) shows total assets of only $8.43 million. See:

http://news.morningstar.com/etf/Lists/ETFReturns .html


I once had $200 million of client money under management, so I figure DSXJ could handle a whole lot more than $8.43 million.

Thus far in 2013, interest rates have yet to rise enough to push a majority of investors into inflation hedges like DSXJ. But sooner or later, long-predicted skyrocketing inflation will be upon us and many investors figure to start pouring cash into DSJX, knowing that rising interest is accompanied by falling share prices—or rising share prices in the case of DSXJ, an inverse fund that invests in futures.

I see no reason to rush into DSXJ just now, but I think following it on a daily or weekly basis now is a good idea. I’ll be following it in my 5-year and 3-month Yahoo charts. Yahoo profiles DSXJ at:

My 2-year Yahoo chart for DSXJ reveals little interest by investors until several upward blips appeared in the spring of 2013.

My 20-day chart suggests a buying opportunity appeared late in July and that following the progress of the DSJX 20-day moving average on a daily basis is probably a good idea just now.

Never forget: All investments and savings are gambles on the unknowable future and thus subject to loss as well as gain.

My free website presents lots more research that I share with friends, family, and all other visitors. You can do a favor for the DIY portfolio managers among your friends and family by passing along my blog’s online address to them:

But before we get serious, let’s take a little time out for funny: a recent video of George (xxx) Lopez:

No comments:

Post a Comment