Thursday, August 22, 2013

My Stock of the Day: CRAY


This Nasdaq stock (CRAY) shows a price/earnings ratio of 5.9 and an indicated p/e of 13.6. It tops the list of companies passing John Neff’s criteria. AAII members see the full list at:

I became a John Neff fan so long ago that I can’t remember which decade. Possibly the 1970s.
I do remember Neff as a contrarian strategist. Read all about him and his phenomenal successes at:

John’s stock-selection strategy shows double-digit average total returns for the last 10, 5, and 3 years: 14.3%, 17.6%, and 17.7%. And 27.7% for 2013 through July. See:

My 5-year Yahoo CRAY chart shows lots of sideways performance that finally kicked into a strong up trend in 2012. See:

My three-month chart shows bullish performance in 2013 despite the market’s spring pullback. CRAY’s MACD portion of the 3-month chart suggests adopting a daily wait-and-see procedure until signs of a new up trend appear. See:

Speaking of daily stock picks, I’m just one among a zillion resources. For stock-of-the-day suggestions by others, start with:

Then, for still more, see:

Never forget this: All investments and savings are gambles on the unknowable future and thus subject to loss as well as gain.

Do visit my website for lots more research I share with do-it-yourself portfolio managers:

If you wish, visit Amazon for a review of my 14th book, “My America 1931-2031: An Editor’s Take on America’s Most Astonishing 100 years.”  Go to:
http://www.amazon.com/My-America-1931-2031-Astonishing-ebook/product-reviews/B00BPD0TUM/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

No comments:

Post a Comment