Sunday, August 18, 2013

My Stock of the Day: IMKTA


Screens, AAII reminds us, are a mere first step in the stock-selection process.

The better news is that, through screening, AAII follows the progress of 77 well-established investment strategies.

In recent days AAII published its latest six-month update of the 77 and the recent passing companies of each.

My long-held favorite of the 77 is AAII’s Value on the Move Strategy. In the latest report on the 77, the list identifies 11 passing companies with stocks worthy of closer analysis.

Heading the 11 is Ingles Markets, Inc. (IMKTA). Yahoo profiles it at:

My 5-year Yahoo chart for IMKTA reveals a troubled recovery from the market collapse of 2008-2009 but a substantial up trend since late 2012:

My 3-month chart shows a decent continuation of the 5-year up trend despite the 2013 market pullback. Also, it suggests now may be a good time to acquire shares. See:

Never forget: All investments and savings are gambles on the unknowable future and thus subject to loss as well as gain.

My free website presents lots more research that I share with friends, family, and all other visitors. You can do a favor for the DIY portfolio managers among your friends and family by passing along my blog’s online address to them:

No comments:

Post a Comment