Thursday, June 27, 2013

My Stock of the Day: SQM


For three months, this stock has been on my personal list of stocks to consider buying.
SQM (Sociedad Quimica y Minerea de) is a diversified chemical producer that averaged 45.3% yearly in the last 10 calendar years, including +42.76% in terrible 2008.
I bought SQM yesterday afternoon on a guess is that it is grossly oversold.
Another example from my latest list of 10 interesting securities (drawn from Value Line data) is FFIN, which I mentioned in a previous blog post. It averaged 14.61% for the 10 years and gained 50.92% in 2008.
Chances are, it is worthy of your further attention, to see if it is a good fit within your own investment strategy. Same goes for SQM.
Never forget this: All investments and savings are, like most other decisions we make in life, gambles on the unknowable future and thus subject to disappointment or loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment