Saturday, June 29, 2013

My Stock of the Day: BCPC


My stock of the day yesterday is my favorite when market chatter is bearish and scary and your best bet may not be to run to cash when your best source of monthly retirement income is from stock and/or fund dividends.
Today, let’s visit a bit with another stock that’s worthy of further technical and fundamental analysis: BCPC (Balchem Chemical).
Writing for Motley Fool, Seth Jason reports that Balchem’s inventories appear to be on the rise. If that’s so, now might not be a good time to acquire BCPC.
Even so, I believe the stock belongs on my watch list because of its 10-history, including positive performance in terrible 2008, suggest (to me) that BCPC is a stock that belongs in my portfolio. My guess is that it will recover right along with the stock market as people start buying stuff again—a pretty good sign that good stocks are in or near another bull market.
Others might say BCPC stock is now selling at or near a pullback low point.
That’s a judgment you need to make as a do-it-yourself portfolio manager.
My 5-year Yahoo chart suggests BCPC has had s significant up trend after every buying-opportunity pullback.


No comments:

Post a Comment