Tuesday, June 18, 2013

My Stock of the Day: PGX


My Google search yesterday for exchange-traded-fund screeners prompted my visit to three websites: ETF Database, Charles Schwab, and TD Ameritrade.
I thought all three screeners were excellent, but I do prefer ETF Database’s. You’ll need to decide for yourself.
Using it, I settled on a search for an actively managed fund that offers a portfolio of preferred stocks. Up popped a website of special interest, with a list of preferred stocks to visit as an alternative to choosing a portfolio of stocks, ETFs, or no-load mutual funds.
That’s how I found PGX.
It is an ETF that tracks a fixed-rate preferred securities index and is designed “to replicate the total return of a diversified group of investment-grade preferred securities.”
My max-year technical chart shows a five-year recovery by PGX from the 2008+ plunge—a recovery that has not yet attained the fund’s 2008 pre-plunge top
My three-month PGX chart shows a continuation of the fund’s long sideways (read whipsaw-laden) movement, leading to the 2013 spring pullback, which in turn may be in the beginnings of a recovery. Now could prove to be an excellent time to acquire a fund with a big future. 
We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment