Sunday, September 8, 2013

My 2 Stocks of the Day: ESL, GILD


Esterline Technologies (ESL) is profiled by Yahoo at:

My 5-year Yahoo chart for ESL shows a decent recovery from the market collalpse of 2008-2009:

My 3-month chart suggests ESL is nearing a good buying opportunity and thus deserves daily attention:

Gilead Sciences (GILD) is profiled at:

My 5-year Yahoo chart for GILD shows lots of sideways movement from the end of the 2008-209 market collapse until   meaningful buying opportunity finally appeared in the closing days of 2012.

My 3-month chart suggests GILD shows its latest good buying opportunity was late in May of 2013 and suggests uncertainty just now because of weakness in its 20-day moving average and its MACD reading.

I hope you will send this post to your investor-friends and relatives, with a suggestion they visit my website for lots more research I share for free with do-it-yourself portfolio managers:

I have neither goods nor services to sell to them or to you. I’m retired. Phil and I used to manage investments totaling $200,000,000 for our clients. Now, I continue to research stocks, funds, and the economy for my own portfolios, and for fun I write my blog for relatives, friends, and DIY portfolio managers I have never met. Phil is assisting a local nonprofit organization and writing apps. 


No comments:

Post a Comment