Friday, September 6, 2013

I Like AlphaClone Research Service



AlphaClone provides online cloning. Its explanation:

“A clone is a portfolio of stocks created based on the stock ideas of one or more fund managers.” For more, see:

AlphaClone’s brief discussion of creating and backtesting your own investment strategies provides a cloning example:

“You could simulate investing in Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway ten largest holdings. Then, with a single click, learn that this strategy outperformed the S&P 500 Total Return Index by 141% over the past ten years (as of 4/30/10).” See:

At GuruFocus, we find another example of stocks worthy of a DIY portfolio manager’s attention: the “Top Five Stocks Held By International Gurus”—Nestle SA (XSWX:NESN), British American Tobacco PLC (LSE:BATS), Toyota Motor Corp. (TSE:7203), Roche Holding AG (XSWX:ROG), and Honda Motor Co (TSE:7267)

Never forget: All investments and savings are gambles on the unknowable future and thus subject to loss as well as gain.

I hope you will send this post to your investor-friends and relatives, with a suggestion they visit my website for lots more research I share for free with do-it-yourself portfolio managers:

I have neither goods nor services to sell to them or to you. I’m retired. Phil and I used to manage investments totaling $200,000,000 for our clients. Now, I continue to research stocks, funds, and the economy for my own portfolios, and for fun I write my blog for relatives, friends, and DIY portfolio managers I have never met.


No comments:

Post a Comment