Monday, May 6, 2013

Worthy TRP Funds


I’m retired, so I no longer am a NAPFA member and no longer seek or serve clients. So, without fear of being accused of issuing a self-serving suggestion, I can now recommend members of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors.
I do so because their continuing educational activities are nonstop, they take their work seriously, they put their client first, they always are compensated by fee for service and never by a sales commission, and they’d throw a dishonest member out of their organization without a moment’s hesitation.
Based on my own experience as a NAPFA member, a financial advisor and a registered investment advisor, I can share my own preferences on many a subject—for example, no-load mutual fund sponsors I like because they offer no-load mutual funds with consistently good track records. T. Rowe Price is one such organization.
Here are the no-load TRP mutual funds that, at this writing, are up double digits for the last three years, one year, and the year to date:
OTCFX, PEXMX, POMIX, PRDGX, PRDMX, PRDSX, PREFX, PREIX, PRESX, PRFDX, PRGIX, PRHSX, PRMTX, PRNHX, PRSGX, PRSVX, PRWAX, RPMGX, TRGRX, TRMCX, TRULX, TRVLX, TRREX,
Those are no-load funds I believe are worthy of your further evaluation based on your own investment approach, focus, and needs. I believe they are worthy because of their price performance for the last three years, one year, and this year to date.
Never forget: All investments and savings are gambles on the unknown future and thus subject to loss.


No comments:

Post a Comment