Monday, July 29, 2013

My ETF of the Day: UCC


This suggestion is only for experienced DIY portfolio managers who can tolerate dramatic up and down moves.

ProShares Ultra Consumer Services (UCC) is a leveraged and nondiversified ETF that shows price results equal to 2x the daily price performance of the Dow Jones Consumer Services SM Index. See:

As noted in my accompanying post, UCC gained double digits in the last 3 months, this YTD, in the last 12 months, and in both the last 3 and 5 years.

My 5-year Yahoo chart for UCC shows a reasonably steady up trend for UCC price per share since the market lows of 2009, though with brief buying opportunities in 2010, 2011, and in June 2013. See:

I think my 3-month chart suggests a continuation of UCC’s long up trend provided we don’t get a big negative surprise this week. A lot is going on just now. See my 3-month chart:

Never forget this: All investments and savings are gambles on the unknowable future and thus subject to loss.
You’re invited to visit my blog at:

No comments:

Post a Comment